We, at International Women Seafarers foundation, are committed to our cause of promoting women seafarers on board and in developing their career ashore.
The International Women Seafarers foundation has been conceived with the intention of promoting and supporting women seafarers in their sailing career. A woman is faced with numerous social challenges in their pursuit of a sailing career. Young girls, more often than not, when faced with unusual circumstances, are unable to take the right steps at right time, leading to complications for peers and companies employing them.
To become voice of all lady seafarers to ensure a gender diverse working environment on board ships.
To promote and support lady seafarers and help them overcome their all existing and future challenges.
The IWSF aims to:
- Support and Guide fellow seafarers and sailing women, understand challenges on board ships and learn to take right steps at right time.
- Guide and mentor young women seafarers embracing the shipping career during their adventurous journey in the maritime sector.
- Assist Companies bridge policy gaps for women seafarers on board and create awareness.
- Assist Government and Institutions in promoting education and policies related to women.
- Promote and assist government in their mission and focus on empowerment of women.
- Assist government and policy makers formulating rules & regulations to the views of women seafarers and work against gender discrimination, if any.
- Increase visibility and presence of Women Seafarers in the Maritime sector.
- To work towards protecting rights of women seafarers and promote their fair treatment.
- To raise awareness in the society about women in seafaring profession, aid and assist activities to encourage women participation in shipping.
- To provide appropriate Gender sensitization training on a sustained and evolving basis.
- To provide placement support, assistance and moral counsel to women seafarers for sailing career.
Committed To Welfare of Women Seafarers